in preparation for our journey to mn, I have been reading and discussing papers with dena grossenbacher and amanda gorton.
every week we discuss a chapter from Joshua Schimel’s Writing Science, share a paper we read independently, and work through a paper together.
here’s our schedule to date:
- fishman et al. in press @evolution: chromosomal rearrangements and the genetics of reproductive isolation in mimulus (5/9/13)
- ruhsam et al. in press @evolution: patterns of mating, generation of diversity, and fitness of. offspring in a geum hybrid swarm (5/16/13)
- streisfeld et al. PLoS Genetics 2013. divergent selection drives genetic differentiation in an R2R3-MYB transcription factor that contributes to incipient speciation in Mimulus aurantiacus (5/23/13)
- dena’s dissertation chapter on geography of speciation in Mimulus (5/30/13)
- yaniv’s figures /outline about the genomics of speciation in M. nasutus / M. guttatus (6/6/13)
we’re off to a great start so far!!!!!!!!!!